Hygiene is King | Protect Yourself
Welcome to the new normal where hygiene is king. There are a number of easy to follow practices at work and at home to stop the spread of germs and these include:
- always wash your hands with soap and dry thoroughly and regularly or use alcohol based hand sanitiser
- regularly disinfect and clean surfaces and objects. Use disinfectant spray or disinfectant wipes that remove dirt and bacteria
- regularly disinfectant hard surfaces like desks, keyboards, phones and other equipment
Word's of Hand Hygiene Advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser or wash them with soap and water. Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand hand sanitiser kills viruses that may be on your hands.
To protect yourself and others against COVID-19, clean your hands frequently and thoroughly. Use alcohol-based hand sanitiser or wash your hands with soap and water. If you use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, make sure you use and store it carefully.
- Keep alcohol-based hand sanitisers out of children’s reach. Teach them how to apply the sanitiser and monitor its use.
- Apply a coin-sized amount on your hands. There is no need to use a large amount of the product.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose immediately after using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, as it can cause irritation.
- Hand sanitisers recommended to protect against COVID-19 are alcohol-based and therefore can be flammable. Do not use before handling fire or cooking.
- Remember that washing your hands with soap and water is also effective against COVID-19.
It's also worth remembering this advice from WHO is about stopping the spread of other viruses too.
When To Wash Your Hands
- As regularly as possible
- after coughing or sneezing
- before, during and after your cooking or preparing food
- always before eating
- after going to the toilet
- when hands are dirty
- after handling animals or animal waste
These may seem like common sense but they're vital for hand hygiene and helping to stop the spread of viruses and germs.
What Are The Options For Hand Sanitiser and Anti Bacterial Soaps?
Our Hand Sanitisers come in different sizes but all are at the required alcohol standard. Our Softex range is 70% alcohol based. There are 6 different size options:
- 50ml Hand Sanitiser - perfect to keep in your bag or in the car
- 500ml Hand Sanitiser - ideal for the office or workspace for easy access
- 2 litre, 5 litre and 20 litre Hand Sanitiser - used to regularly top up dispensers
Anti-Bacterial Soaps also come in different sizes and the Natural B1 Anti-Bacterial ( 5 litre and 20 litre) Soap is used to consistently top up soap dispensers for regular hand washing. The Natural B1 Anti-Bacterial Soap is a mild, cost effective anti-bacterial liquid hand soap which contains coconut oil to soften skin which prevents drying out of hands.
Some Disinfectant Spray and Wipes Options
Janipine and Pine-Away are two great disinfectant spray options that come in a range of sizes - 2 litre, 5 litre and 20 litre. Armed with spray bottles you can easily use the concentrate to mix with water and hand out to your staff to spray and disinfect their desks, steering wheels and other hard surfaces.
The Reynard Disinfectant Wipes are another great option; they're hospital grade disinfectant wipes and have improved traction than normal wipes which means instead of just wiping dirt and bacteria around they actually pick it up and remove.
Whether you need disinfectant wipes, disinfectant spray, hand sanitiser or anti-bacterial soap we have a range of options to suit. Buy online or contact us on 0800 509 809.